- SimpleSimple logos are easily recognizable. You’d never mistake Apple’s apple for any other fruit, even when zipping past a billboard at 70 miles per hour.
- MemorableA memorable logo springs to mind at the mere mention of the company name—or, sometimes, even the product. Who doesn’t picture the magnificent golden arches when they hear the words “French fries?”
- TimelessGraphic designers, art directors, rebranding campaigns… these things cost money—something most small business owners would rather reinvest in their companies in other ways. Timeless logos last for decades. Just consider Coca-Cola’s elegant red script. The mark is virtually the same as it was in 1885.
- VersatileThe best logos, like the Nike swoosh, are equally fantastic in color, grayscale, black and white, or reverse print. They also work well at any size, whether printed on postcards, brochures, flyers, or billboards.
- AppropriateThe best logos “speak” to the appropriate audience, effortlessly melding color, font, and graphics to convey the essence of the brand. The Toys “R” Us logo evokes memories of childish fun, while the Harley-Davidson mark channels a sense of cool.